Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pallet Wood Shelves

We have been talking for a while now about repurposing some pallets that we have had in the garage.  My love of Pinterest and Todd's carpentry talents work quite well together if I do say so myself!  He's amazing at what he does and often comes up with unique ideas that I would have never thought of myself!  After researching different style ideas on Pinterest, Todd came up with something completely different than anything I had seen done with the pallet wood.  He decided to go for floating shelves.  They turned out amazing!  

 
We started with some old pallet wood.



 Every end and each shelf is unique.  He left the rough edges and the original nails to create a more rustic look.



The floating shelves mean you can't see the brackets that are holding them to the wall.  For this, Todd anchored a separate piece of wood into the wall and then slid the hollow pallet shelves over the anchored piece.  The end result...
We had just painted this wall "Summer in the City" yellow and decided to accent with a deep red.  The vase of flowers we've had floating around our living room since our wedding.  The brown vase was a gift from a friend who traveled to Romania on a mission trip, the basket and statue are from Todd's mom when she went to Africa.  The two smaller photos on the left are my grandmother, young and old.  Then there's a picture of my parents from our wedding.  We are still deciding what will be the final additions to the shelf, but this is a good start for now.  

What can you do with pallet wood?


There is always always always something to be thankful for.
Today, I am especially thankful for grandparents.

Smile you are beautiful,
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Another blog? Where do you find the time? Have fun with this... can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete